Work has been so crazy today that I've only just realised it's 7.30pm and I've totally failed to prepare the blog post I wanted to upload this evening.
So I thought that instead I would do a quick 'Life Lately' post of the five key things I've been up to today:
1. Floral Brooches: Finishing off my floral brooch from the first Crafty Creatives box - I'm really please with how it's turned out and love the pretty blue material I received! Tip for fellow crafters - the Fabri-Tac glue we got as part of the kit is really good to the point of being indestructible! I'd definitely recommend it!
2. Give Blood: One of the items on my monthly 'To Do' list for August is to give blood for the first time - so today I've registered myself on the 'Give Blood' website and should receive my information pack very soon! My aunt inspired me to do this as she has a rare blood type and donates regularly. I have no idea what my blood type is but even if it turns out to be common - every little helps!
3. Blog Re-Design: Today I've been contemplating giving my blog a good overall - with a proper banner and links and maybe even a button. I have some ideas for the banner and have been doodling pretty images all day - but I know absolutely nothing about creating that kind of thing or html, etc so if anyone knows a good blog designer please let me know in the comments!
4. Enjoying The Weather: It has been absolutely boiling today, which was a bit rubbish really as I was stuck in my boxroom office for most of the day. But since getting home (a whole hour earlier than normal - wahoo!) I've been enjoying sunbathing in my garden, eating a healthy lunch and admiring my two sunflowers which have suddenly sprung up! Aren't they pretty?
5. Family History: This time last year I bought a 'Grandad: From Me To You' memory book and my grandad completed it with the story of his life and special moments the two of us share. I love it so much and will cherish the book always, so I though it would be a nice idea to do the same for my baby brother! So I've bought a blank version of the book and spent a good hour today beginning to write up my grandad's memories - I really hope he likes it!
What have you been doing today? I hope you've managed to enjoy the sunny weather a bit more than I have!
PS: Don't forget to follow my blog and twitter @emberdrake